Effective Date: 31 Oct 2019
In accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the entity responsible for processing personal data in connection with this website and its linked mobile application is:
GIRLSOURCED TECH PTE. LTD.
Our company collects the following:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, mobile phone number, date of birth, nationality, domicile address)
- User style preferences, information about self-assessed body shapes/types and other User Content created and posted in connection to User participation in the Girlsourced community feed page or during styling chat sessions.
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
We use personal data for the following purposes:
- to provide our services
- to respond to the individual’s request or for the purposes for which it was provided to us as stated at the time of the collection (or as is obvious from the context of collection)
- to maintain contact with clients and other contacts
- to keep clients and other contacts informed of the services we offer service offerings and events we are holding, that may be of interest to them
- for general management and reporting purposes, such as invoicing and account management
- for recruitment purposes
- for purposes related to the employment of our personnel and providing internal services to our personnel
- all other purposes related to our business.
We process data as part of the operation of our website. Data processing also includes disclosure by means of transmission. In the case of data transmissions to the United States, an EU Commission adequacy decision is in place regarding the EU-US Privacy Shield. In this decision, the Commission certified that the guarantees for the transfer of data to the United States on the basis of the EU-US Privacy Shield comply with data protection standards in the EU. In the event that we transmit data to the United States, we have noted the participation of our service providers in the EU-US Privacy Shield. Details regarding the data concerned, processing purposes, legal bases, recipients and transfers to third countries are listed below:
a) Log file
We log your visit to our website. The following data is processed in this context: Name of the website accessed, date and time of access, the amount of data transferred, the browser type and version, the operating system you are using, the referrer URL (the previously visited website), your IP address and the requesting provider. This is necessary to ensure the security of the website. We process this data on the basis of our legitimate interest according to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR.
All data to be processed in connection with the operation of the website is stored within the scope of hosting. This is necessary to enable the operation of the website. We process this data on the basis of our legitimate interest according to Art. 6(1)(f) GDPR. We use the services of web hosting providers to whom we transmit the data referred to above in order to make our website available.
c) Contacting us
If you contact us, your data (name and contact details – if you have provided them) and your communication will be processed exclusively for the purpose of responding to your inquiry. We process this data on the basis of Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR or Art. 6(1)(f) in order to respond to your inquiry.
d) Girlsourced User & Stylist accounts
If you open a Girlsourced User account, you agree that your master data (name, address, e-mail address, mobile number) as well as your usage data (username, password) will be stored. This allows us to identify you as a User and allows you to manage your account. For Girlsourced stylists, additionally bank account details will be stored for the purpose of billing payments of styling services offered to Users. Your data will be processed on the basis of your consent in accordance with Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR.
e) Purchase transactions
If you purchase styling services via our platform, we process your address and transaction data (name, date of order, method of payment, date of dispatch and/or receipt, amount, bank details or credit card data if applicable). We process this data for the performance of the purchase contract on the basis of Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR. All other purchase transactions connected to retail items from partner retailers are processed separately and independently by the respective retailer and Girlsourced will not be responsible for processing data in this respect.
f) Text chat with a Girlsourced Stylist
To provide you with individual advice on our website, we offer the opportunity to have a live text chat with a professional fashion stylist. If you decide to use our live chat, we will process the following data from you: Date, time of day and chat history. This data is processed within the scope of pre-contractual activities in accordance Art. 6(1)(b) GDPR.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website
- Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you may like, as well as those of our partner companies.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop Our Company from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to our partner companies.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at email@example.com.
Duration of Data Storage
We will keep your personal data for as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it is processed or until you revoke your consent. The retention period for certain data can be up to 10 years irrespective of the processing purposes in the event we must comply with statutory retention obligations.
Your Data Protection Rights
Our Company would like to make sure you are fully aware of all your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Our Company for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Our Company correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Our Company to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Our Company erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Our Company restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to Our Company’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Our Company transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact our Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact our Data Protection Officer
If an individual believes that information we hold about him is incorrect or out of date, or if an individual has concerns or further queries about how we are handling his personal data, or any problem or complaint about such matters, please contact our Data Protection Officer at email@example.com.