Know More About Your "Pear Body Shape"
Let’s start an in depth explanation on the Pear Body Shape and learn how to dress it with confidence. Stay tuned as we bring you more fashion tips focused on the pear body shape and others! ⠀
Characteristics of a pear body
– Based on your body measurements, your hips are the widest part of your body, as compared to your shoulder, bust and waist.
– Weight gain tends to happen on areas like your lower tummy, hips, and thighs.
Singer GEM is an example of a pear body shape. She accentuates her figure by wearing cropped tops and high waisted pants.
Get more style tips from GEM and shop our suggested retail partner items for your pear body shape here:
Steal the Look: Pear Body Shape
Key to dressing up a pear body
– If you have a pear body shape, an oversized tee might not be your best bet. Instead, opt for a fitted shirt to accentuate your waist 👈
Do & don'ts for a pear bodyshape
– Wear prints, brighter colours and embellishments on the UPPER BODY, instead of the lower half to avoid drawing attention to the hips.
– Avoid body-hugging bottoms, and opt for high waisted pants and wide-legged pants, preferably in dark colours.
Recommended Necklines: Boat neckline & portrait neckline
These necklines can will help to create illusion of wider shoulders. To have a more structured upper body, shoulder pads can be added.
Explore patterns, pocket and colour
Bring the focus to the top part of the body with patterns and colours
Go for fitted top
Fitted tops help accentuate your waist
The length of the tee shouldn’t stop at the hips
It can be before or after the hips, for less emphasis on the hips
Want to find out what fits best for your pear body shape? Consult a stylist now!