5 ways to beautify your basics
The beauty of basics are that they go with almost anything. They should be a staple in every wardrobe because they are both timeless and versatile. With a little bit of DIY you can instantly add character to a basic top or bottom. By upcycling you can get a new outfit with an altered classic and fall in love with it all over again 😍
- Bead along the hemlines
- Choose at least 3 colours for colorful beading
- Tone on tone beading works too! Choose the type of beads to create depth (luster/matt)
- Print out your favourite image that you want to embroider on
- Pin & place the image to your liking and embroider on the paper. Tear paper after finish.
- Check out different techniques to create textures & depth on your work.
- Keep nice prints of fabrics and sew them on the basics that you want to alter.
- Patch on interesting fabrics on small details like your collar on your shirt/jacket
- Do patchwork on your worn out jeans and make it cool!
- Alter your unused jeans into shorts or ankle length
- Solid good fabrics you would like to keep can be altered into something new (like a dress into a top or scarf into a tube top)
- Cut your basic long top into a crop top or insert an elastic band at the back to make it more fitting
- Love the fabric? Turn it into useful things like small pouches.
5. Tie Dye
- Tie and dye your light coloured clothes and make them new again.
- Use natural dyes from natural sources like tumeric (yellow), beetroot (purple/red) or tea (taupe/brown).
- Learn the different techniques for different types of effects that you want to apply.
- Try using two complementing colors to create an ombre effect. (pink with indigo)
Need more than just tips to renew your wardrobe? Consult our Girlsourced stylists now!